Read the following text, and then answer the comprehension questions.
MEETING MY IDOL
Afgan has always been my favourite singer. I had always been thinking of how I would feel when I met him. Then I was suddenly hit by lightning when I found out Afgan was coming to town for a concert in a local auditorium. A day before the concert, there would be a meet-and-greet event at a local radio station. Feeling excited, I packed all my Afgan’s CDs to get his signature at the event.
On that bright and sunny Saturday morning, the radio station was full of Afganism (that’s how Afgan’s fans are called). They sat on the chairs prepared inside the radio station’s lobby. Some stood in rows in the front yard of the radio station. A spot inside a lobby was prepared with a mini stage for Afgan’s singing performance and a table for Afgan to sign Afganism’s memorabilia. Finally, after about 40 or 50 minutes wait, Afgan showed up from inside the radio station. He smiled and waved to all Afganism who had been waiting excitedly saying, “Good morning. How are you all?”. The crowd went crazy. The shouts sounded like a mix of “Fine, thank you” and screams of Afgan’s name.
Then, he started the event by singing his hit single “Dia dia kamu”. Afganisme went even crazier; they si along with him throughout the song. Of course, I did too. I couldn’t take my eyes off this amazing singer who had released three albums. When he was finished with the song, the host announced that it was time for autographing the memorabilia. I prepared my CDs and began to stand in the line. When I arrived at the table, I was speechless. It was unreal just seeing him that close. I thought it was really cool seeing him like that because he really just felt like a normal person, which was awesome. He asked my name so that he could write it on the CD to say “To Mia, Love Afgan”. He was also very friendly, so I didn’tepi langit feel too nervous when I batas a chance to take pictures with him. He was just an amazing person. And it was the best day ever!
1. How did the writer feel when she knew that Afgan was coming to town?
2. Did the writer want to see the concert?
3. When and where was the meet-and-greet event?
4. What is Afganism?
5. How did the fans wait for Afgan?
6. What did Afgan do when he showed up in the lobby?
7. How did the fans react when Afgan sang his hit single?
8. How did the writer feel when she finally got the turn to get Afgan’s signature?
9. Did she feel nervous?
10. What is the writer’s opinion about the meet-and-greet event?
1. She felt that she was suddenly hit by lightning or very surprised.
2. Yes, she did.
3. On Saturday morning at a local radio station.
4. Afgan’s fans.
5. They sat on the chairs prepared inside the radio station’s lobby. Some stood
in rows in the front yard of the radio station.
6. They went crazy and shouted.
7. They sang along with him throughout the song.
8. She was speechless.
9. Yes, she did.
10. She thinks that it was the best day ever!